|Posted on July 4, 2018 at 1:00 PM||comments (0)|
Congrats to the Becca and Jeremy who were married last weekend! What a fun, generous and loving couple. This one was very challenging due to the crazy terrential rain...but that did not stop them from having a blast and the dance floor was packed ALL NIGHT! Thank you for trusting us with your big day!
Venue: Burlap and Beams (Terri Larson)
Photo: Juan and team from Bigler Productions
DJ: Shawn & Felipe Gillie
Caterer: The Ugly Rooster (Ariel Pagan)
CHECK OUT THE FULL FEATURE IN REAL SARATOGA BRIDES MAGAZINE-SPRING 2019 EDITITION!!
|Posted on July 4, 2018 at 1:00 PM||comments (0)|
Thank you and welcome to Cassidy and Aldan who have brought us in to help tie up the details for their August wedding! We are honored and so very excited to help get this amazing couple across the finish line!
|Posted on May 30, 2018 at 12:40 AM||comments (0)|
|Posted on May 30, 2018 at 12:35 AM||comments (1)|
Photography: Dyan Holt Photography (photo credit for above)
DJ: After-FX Professional DJ Service
Ceremony Venue: Wilton Baptist Church
Reception Venue: Holiday Inn Saratoga
|Posted on May 15, 2018 at 1:50 PM||comments (0)|
What a beautiful wedding for Erin & Chris at The Lodge On Echo Lake in Warrensburg, NY! We were absolutely honored to be part of your big day!
Here is a sneak peak from Dyan Holt Photography
|Posted on May 11, 2018 at 12:10 AM||comments (0)|
Oh the timeless question of "What do we serve for dinner?" The truth is that the unending options are mind boggling and can overwhelm even a seasoned vet. So where do you start? Well...here are my top 5 tips for picking an appropriate menu:
- Mind your own budget! Keep in mind that Off Premise catering is always more expensive (so if you are getting married in a tent or venue that does not offer catering on site). So before you start thinking food, make sure the venue you choose allots for enough money to feed everyone. Keep in mind that the bar accounts for 25%-40% of your per person price, so before you add that top shelf open bar make sure it doesn't force you to serve pizza and wings.
- What kind of feeling is your event? So for instance, if you are getting married in a formal ballroom...a BBQ buffet where guests are eating ribs with their hands is really not appropriate. Match the level of formality of your menu to the level of formality of the venue.
- Food Counts are going to drive you nuts. If you decide to give your guests choices (your remember from every wedding in the world...beef, chicken, fish...ugh), remember that you will be responsible for not only getting all your RSVP's together, but also getting the exact number of each food selection to provide to your caterer. Now of course, a great wedding planner will take care of that for you...but overall it's annoying and not to mention do you think your guests really want to decide what they want for dinner 2 months before they eat it? If you really have your heart set on a "Plated" option...go with a Duet Plate...you'll thank me later!
- Food Stations are super fun and SUPER pricey. Stations Style weddings can be an absolutely great way to blend different cultures, tell the story of your relationship or just keep the night more relaxed and fun. They can also bust your budget wide open. Get all the details of pricing from your caterer before you set your heart this type of service. Buffets can do a lot of the same things at a much lower price. Be sure you work with your venue and caterer TOGETHER. Just because you want stations, doesn't mean they will fit in your room with your guest count, bars, memory tables, photo booth etc.
- Finally...Mary what is your favorite type of service???? Hands down, Family Style Dining is my absolute favorite for weddings. In this type of service, each table gets serving platters/bowls of multiple items to pass, share and enjoy. You get all the benefits of a buffet, in a more formal manner. This is a great way to get guests at tables to talk and engage each other and you still don't have to deal with specific food counts...win, win!
|Posted on May 11, 2018 at 12:05 AM||comments (0)|
Our team is so excited as today marks the beginning of Erin and Chris' Wedding Weekend!! Stay tuned for all the fun details after their big day on Saturday.
|Posted on May 10, 2018 at 11:55 AM||comments (0)|
This couple truly had our hearts from day one. Two active duty military members, with the biggest hearts in the world. This beautiful wedding was planned while both the bride and groom were deployed so we worked late nights and super early mornings from half way around the world to pull this one off seamlessly. Thank you both for trusting us with your big day and we wish you all the happiness in the world!
|Posted on March 13, 2018 at 3:15 PM||comments (0)|
|Posted on September 7, 2017 at 4:15 PM||comments (0)|
What a beautiful wedding day for such a wonderful couple! Thank you again for choosing Mary Jacobs Events and welcome to the family!
Bride Morning-Of Location/Formal Portraits: Park Manor Hotel in Clifton Park, NY
Hair: Ashley Smith
Makeup: Liz Duclos
Photo: Dyan Holt Photography
DJ: Total Entertainment (Mark Brenneisen)
Caterer: UR Catering
Venue: Lakeside Farms in Ballston Lake, NY
Cake: Villa Italia
Florals: Mary Jacobs Events
Vinatage Rentals: Gathering Vintage